Hospital clinicians, General Practitioners and Dentists must all fulfil professional standards and government guidelines that require resuscitation training on an annual basis. Synergy Partnership instructors are Resuscitation Council UK Advanced Life Support and European Paediatric Life Support Instructors, as well as being ALSG Advanced Paediatric Life Support Instructors. As such the certification of the training fulfils all the requirements of clinical resuscitation training.
Training for clinical and non-clincal staff in hospitals is the subject of scrutiny by the CQC and many others. Synergy can help if you need an instructor to cover:
- Recognition and management of the seriously ill adult
- Adult Basic Life Support
- Recognition and management of the seriously ill infant / child
- Paediatric Basic Life Support (infants and children)
- Defibrillation (manual* or automated)
- Rhythm recognition
- First Aid (for compliance with First Aid regulations)
- Manual Handling
- Mental Capacity Act
- Consent Issues
General Practitioners must fulfil regulations placed upon them by their own Royal College, as well as regulatory requirements of the Department of Health and the NHS. As Synergy’s adult resuscitation training is delivered by a Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS Instructor and fulfils the criteria for RCGP Registrars for completion of MRCGP.
For Dentists, our courses follow the Primary Dental Care Resuscitation Council (UK) Quality standards for cardiopulmonary resuscitation practice and training and meet the CPD requirements of the GDC. We can also provide assistance with teaching and practice for the GDC Overseas Registration Examination, which has a specific requirement for managing medical emergencies in both adults and paediatrics.
The following pages give further information for Adult / Paediatric training:
- Adult Basic Life Support with adjuncts (plus BVM)
- Paediatric Basic Life Support with adjuncts (plus BVM)
- Anaphylaxis for clinicians
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
We can also offer resuscitation equipment advice and policy formulation for resuscitation issues.
* We can provide training in AED or manual defibrillation; for manual defibrillation the training defibrillator would need to be provided by the hospital to ensure compatibility with the hospital equipment.